- 1 1/2 cups long-grain white rice, rinsed
- 1 cup peas, blanched
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced and soaked in ice water for 10 minutes
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
For the rice: Place the rice, 3 cups water, and a pinch of salt in a pot, cover and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and cook on low until tender, about 20 minutes. Turn the rice out onto a sheet tray and let it cool completely. Next, combine the rice, peas, red bell pepper and red onion. Toss gently.
For the dressing: In a small bowl, add the rice wine vinegar, a small pinch salt and a few turns of freshly ground pepper. Mix together and slowly drizzle in the vegetable oil and then the sesame oil.
Pour the dressing over the rice and mix until the rice is thinly coated. Taste, and re-season if necessary.