- 1/2 cup ice water
- 1 slice firm white bread
- 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 cucumbers, peeled, roughly chopped
- 1/2 yellow pepper, seeded, roughly chopped
- 1 scallion, white part only, roughly chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt, for serving
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil, for serving
Mix the ice water and bread in a blender. Let stand for 5 minutes. Add the cucumber, yellow pepper, scallion, garlic, oil and vinegar, and blend until chunky. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Let the gazpacho chill for at least 1 hour.
Divide the gazpacho among bowls and drizzle with the yogurt and basil.
Recipe courtesy of Melissa d'Arabian