- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups chopped yellow onions
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 cup diced red pepper
- 1/2 -pound diced smoked ham
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 cups cubed and toasted cornbread
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Melt butter and sweet vegetables until tender. Add ham and cook over low heat for 2 more minutes. Set aside to slightly cool. Whisk together eggs, stock, cream and herbs and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Combine all items, including cornbread, in a 4-quart lasagna pan and cook covered for 30 minutes. Uncover and cook for additional 20 minutes or until crusty.
Recipe courtesy of Michael Symon