Mini Grilled Artichoke Hearts with Low Fat Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- 2 (14-ounce) cans extra small artichoke hearts, packed in water, drained and patted dry (recommended: Reese)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion, finely diced
- 1 cup fresh spinach, cut into julienne
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (recommended: Fage 2 percent)
- 1/2 cup shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
- 4 tablespoons Parmesan
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, cut into julienne
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Preheat the oven to 175 degrees F.
Halve all but 2 of the artichoke hearts and grill the rest over medium-high heat on an oiled grill (a grill pan may be substituted) until lightly charred and warmed through. Keep warm in the oven while preparing the spinach and artichoke dip.
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Saute the onions until tender and translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the spinach and cook until wilted and all the moisture in the pan has evaporated, about 3 minutes. Chop the reserved whole artichoke hearts and add, along with the Greek yogurt, mozzarella and Parmesan. Cook until cheese has melted. Add the basil and nutmeg, season with salt and pepper, and serve on top of grilled artichoke hearts.