Miso Broth with Tatsoi-Enoki Salad
- 1/4 cup yellow miso (shinshu-miso)
- 4 cups dashi
- 2 slices ginger
- 1/2 tablespoon wasabi powder
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon thin soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sliced scallions, green part only
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 package enoki mushrooms
- 2 cups tatsoi leaves
- 1 block soft tofu, 1/4-inch slices
To make broth, mix miso with dashi and add ginger. On medium heat, bring to a simmer. Let simmer for 5 minutes then remove ginger. In a small bowl, make a paste with the vinegar and wasabi. Whisk in soy, scallions and sugar. Check for seasoning. Toss vinaigrette with enoki and tatsoi. In soup bowls, gently place 1 slice of tofu and ladle the broth on top. Place a small mound of salad on the tofu.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Grilled Oregon Chinook in Matsutake Ginger Broth, Steamers in Red Chile Pesto Broth, Braised Clams in Parsley Broth, Peas and Bruschetta with Tomatoes and Fried Capers, Carrot Soup Recipes, Tortilla Soup Recipes, Tuna Salad Recipes, Asian Noodle Recipes, Carrot Salad Recipes, Mushroom Salad Recipes