Miso Broth with Tatsoi-Enoki Salad
- 1/4 cup yellow miso (shinshu-miso)
- 4 cups dashi
- 2 slices ginger
- 1/2 tablespoon wasabi powder
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon thin soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sliced scallions, green part only
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 package enoki mushrooms
- 2 cups tatsoi leaves
- 1 block soft tofu, 1/4-inch slices
To make broth, mix miso with dashi and add ginger. On medium heat, bring to a simmer. Let simmer for 5 minutes then remove ginger. In a small bowl, make a paste with the vinegar and wasabi. Whisk in soy, scallions and sugar. Check for seasoning. Toss vinaigrette with enoki and tatsoi. In soup bowls, gently place 1 slice of tofu and ladle the broth on top. Place a small mound of salad on the tofu.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.