Mustard Rouille for Soup
- 1/4 cup of chicken bouillabaisse liquid
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered saffron
- 2 parboiled garlic cloves, pureed until it is pasty
- 3/4 cup crustless good quality French bread, cut into cubes
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped pimiento
- 1/3 cup commercially prepared mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Salt and cayenne pepper to taste
Whisk the liquid, saffron, and garlic together. Soak the bread cubes in this for 10 minutes, then transfer the mixture to a blender. Blend the mixture until pureed. Add the mustard, pimiento and mayonnaise and puree again. Drizzle in oils until an emulsion forms. Season with about 1/2 teaspoon of salt and a dash of cayenne pepper.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.