Palm Heart Salad
- For the dressing:
- 1/2 lime or lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon whole-grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- For the salad:
- 1 (14 or 15-ounce) can palm hearts, drained and sliced crosswise
- 2 ripe mangoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 ripe avocados (or 1 large), peeled, stoned, and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 Scotch bonnet or other hot chile pepper, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 lime or lemon (to be squeezed the avocado to prevent discolouring)
To make the dressing: Mix the first 4 ingredients and then drizzle olive oil in slowly while stirring constantly. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Assemble all the salad ingredients in a bowl and serve the dressing on the side.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.