- 4 large mouth bass fillets, skin removed
- 1 cup flour
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup mild fresh herbs such as basil, parsley, chervil, oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Season the fillets with salt and pepper. Heat a saute pan on top of the grill. When the pan is hot add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and heat. Dredge the bass fillets in the flour and shake off any excess. Place the fillets in the pan and pan fry about 3 minutes per side, until golden brown. Remove the fish from the pan. Add the rest of the butter to the pan and melt. When the butter is hot, add the sliced garlic. Fry the garlic until it just begins to turn light golden brown. Add the herbs and remove from the heat. Carefully, add the lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. To serve, place a fillet on a plate and spoon some of the lemon garlic herb butter over the fish.