Pan Seared Cat Fish with Red Roasted Red Pepper Lime Sauce and Toasted Sunflower Seeds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 1/2 pounds catfish fillets, or any white-fleshed fish fillets, about 5 ounces each
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups chopped roasted red peppers
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds, toasted
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Season both sides of fish with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Add fish fillets to skillet and cook 2 minutes per side flipping with a spatula or tongs, until golden brown and fork-tender. Remove from pan.
In a blender, combine roasted red peppers, garlic, lime juice, ginger, and cumin and puree until smooth. Transfer mixture to a small saucepan and bring to a simmer, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro.
Serve half of the fish with all of the sauce spooned over top. Sprinkle the top with toasted sunflower seeds. Reserve remaining fish for heros, if desired.
Recipe courtesy Robin Miller 2007
Recipe courtesy of Robin Miller