- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon seafood seasoning (recommended: Old Bay)
- Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 24 sea scallops
- Field greens
- Warm Bacon Vinaigrette, recipe follows
Coat a large saute pan with 2 tablespoons olive oil and put over high heat.
Dredge half of the scallops in the flour mixture, making sure to coat completely. Add to the hot oil, and quickly sear, about 1 1/2 minutes. Flip and continue to sear for another 1 1/2 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to rest for 2 minutes. Repeat procedure with the remaining scallops.
Meanwhile, arrange a small amount of field greens in the middle of each serving plate.
Warm Bacon Vinaigrette:
- 2 cups diced bacon, about 12 slices or a standard package
- 2 1/2 ounces shallot, minced
- 1/2-ounce garlic, minced
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Add the shallots and garlic to the bacon fat and saute for a minute. Add the brown sugar and stir until melted and incorporated. Remove from the heat, and stir in the vinegar and oil. Blend with immersion blender until smooth and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.