Collard Green and Artichoke Dip
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Dash hot sauce
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- 2 (10-ounce) boxes collard greens, thawed and drained
- 1 (14-ounce) jar artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Melt butter in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and shallots and saute until tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute until it reaches a golden blonde color. Slowly whisk in the cream and turn up heat until it thickens.
Add the Parmesan and Cheddar. Stir until the cheese has melted. Add salt, pepper, lemon juice, hot sauce and Worcestershire. Fold in the collard greens and artichoke hearts.
Add mixture to a casserole dish. Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown.
Serve this dip with baked pita chips.
Recipe courtesy The Neelys