- 3 cups green seedless grapes
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and chopped
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, halved
- 1/4 cup superfine sugar
- 2 750-ml bottles dry white wine (preferably pinot grigio), chilled
- 1 cup white grape juice, chilled
- 1/2 cup vodka
Put the green grapes in the freezer about 2 hours before you want to serve your sangria.
Combine the chopped apple, lemon slices, halved red grapes, sugar, wine, white grape juice and vodka in a large glass pitcher filled with ice. Stir to dissolve the sugar. Add the frozen green grapes to glasses and fill with the sangria.
Photograph by Kat Teutsch