- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- Blackening Spice, recipe follows
- Olive oil, for cooking
- 12 soft dinner rolls, split
- 2 Roma tomatoes, sliced
- Special Sauce, recipe follows
Heat a large cast-iron griddle over medium-high heat.
Add the ground turkey to a large mixing bowl and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Stir in the cheese, mustard and Worcestershire sauce and mix until combined. Form the meat mixture into 12 equal patties. Sprinkle both sides of the patties with the Blackening Spice.
Brush the griddle with some olive oil using a clean tea towel. Cook the burgers for 3 to 4 minutes per side. Serve on split rolls topped with the tomatoes and Special Sauce.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
Whisk together the salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic powder and onion powder, and transfer to a small plate.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 1 teaspoon pickled relish
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
Combine the mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard, Sriracha, relish and lemon juice in a bowl.