- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup quick cooking grits
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 pound smoked kielbasa sausage, sliced
- 2 pounds uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- Chopped chives, for garnish
In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, bring the chicken stock, and whipping cream up to a low simmer. While simmering whisk in the grits and a pinch of salt. Stir constantly and return to a low simmer. Cook until thickened, stirring often, about 5 minutes. Stir in the butter and Parmesan cheese. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
Heat a large saute pan over medium-heat. Melt butter and saute onion, garlic, and green bell pepper. Saute until tender and translucent, and add the sausage. When the sausage has cooked, add the shrimp and saute for about 2 minutes. Add white wine and diced tomatoes. Bring to a boil, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Serve over the Parmesan cheese grits. Garnish with chopped chives.