- 1 medium Vidalia onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 pounds fresh sea scallops
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 12 mini burger buns or small soft dinner rolls
- Cilantro Mayo, recipe follows
In a small skillet saute onion in butter over medium heat until translucent. Cool.
Place scallops in food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped or chop by hand. Transfer to large bowl and add remaining ingredients, except vegetable oil. Add in the cooled onions.
Cook's Note: Mixture should not be too loose. If necessary, add a bit more flour or another egg.
Shape the mixture into small burgers, approximately 2 inches in diameter. Place on a waxed paper lined sheet tray, cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour.
Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add scallop sliders and cook until browned and cooked through. Place on small soft dinner rolls and top with a bit of Cilantro Mayo. Serve warm or at room temperature.