- 32 ounces boneless chicken thighs
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 2 ounces canned chipotle sauce
- 1/4 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/4 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/4 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 tablespoon salt
- 9 ounces water
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, diced
- This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Boil the chicken for 25 minutes or until cooked. Set aside.
In a blender combine the tomatoes, chipotle sauce, garlic, cumin, pepper, salt and add 9 ounces of water and blend for a few seconds.
Add the chipotle mixture and the chicken to the saucepan with the onions and cook over medium heat 15 minutes.
Recipe courtesy Fernando Ezeta at Maria's Taco Xpress in Austin, TX