- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, 1 turn of the pan
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 pound ground chicken breast
- 1 small McIntosh apple peeled and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup, eyeball it
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning blend (recommended: Montreal Steak Seasoning by McCormick)
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg, eyeball it
- 4 jumbo/sandwich size English muffins, fork split
- 8 large eggs
- Splash of cold milk
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 pound Cheddar, thinly sliced or shredded
Preheat broiler and preheat a medium skillet over medium-high heat with 1 tablespoon oil and 1 tablespoon butter. Mix chicken with apple, syrup, grill seasoning, poultry seasoning, cinnamon and nutmeg and score the meat into 4 sections. Form 4 large, thin patties and set into hot butter and oil. Cook 5 minutes on each side.
Place fork split muffins on broiler pan and toast. Butter toasted muffins and reserve.
Heat a second nonstick skillet over medium heat and melt a tablespoon of butter in the pan. Beat eggs with milk, salt and pepper and scramble to desired doneness.