Cheese and Bacon Biscuits
- Drizzle extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 slices smoky bacon, finely chopped
- 1 small box biscuit mix (recommended: Jiffy) or measured mix for 8 drop biscuits
- 1 cup shredded all-natural yellow sharp Cheddar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
Preheat the oven to package directions for the drop biscuits.
Heat a small skillet with a drizzle of oil, over medium-high heat. Add the bacon and cook until crisp, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Put the biscuit mix in bowl, and add the bacon, 1 tablespoon of the drippings and the nutmeg. Add the ingredients according to the package directions to form a drop biscuit. Fold in half of the cheese and arrange the drop biscuits on a baking sheet. Sprinkle the tops of the biscuits with the remaining cheese and bake until golden, about 10 to 12 minutes.
Remove from the oven to a serving dish and serve hot.
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray