- 1/2 pound Spanish chorizo, casing removed and coarsely chopped
- 1 3/4 pounds ground pork or beef
- About 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon smoked sweet paprika, a scant palmful
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 1/2 pound Manchego cheese, shredded
- 2 avocados
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 large clove garlic, pasted or grated
- A small handful fresh cilantro leaves, optional
- About 1/4 to 1/3 cup light cream
- 12 slider rolls or split brioche rolls
- Small Bibb lettuce leaves, for topping
- Sliced plum tomatoes, for topping
- Sliced small red onion, for topping
Heat a cast iron skillet or griddle over medium-high heat.
Grind the chorizo in a food processor into very small crumbles. Place the ground chorizo and ground pork in a bowl and season with Worcestershire, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Add a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil to the meat mixture and combine. Form 12 patties that are thinner at the center than the edges. Cook the sliders 3 minutes per side. Pile shredded cheese onto the burgers for the last minute of cook time to melt.
Meanwhile, place the avocados in a food processor. Add the lemon juice, garlic, cilantro, if desired, and cream, and process until very smooth and mayo-like in consistency.
Serve the sliders on rolls topped with lettuce, tomato, onion, and avocado cream sauce.
Recipe courtesy Rachael Ray
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee