Crab Stuffed Portobellos and Citrus-Mustard Dressed Greens
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, eyeball it
- 4 large portobello mushroom caps, wiped with damp cloth
- Grill seasoning blend (recommended: Montreal Steak Seasoning by McCormick)
- 2 tablespoons butter, plus 1 tablespoon cut into small dice
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 ribs celery from heart of stalk
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small red pepper, seeded and chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons crab boil seasoning (recommended: Old Bay) or 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning plus 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce, eyeball it
- 6 ounces lump crabmeat, available in fresh seafood section of market in 6 ounce tubs
- 3 slices white bread, toasted
- 1 cup chicken stock
- A handful chopped parsley leaves
- 1 bag, 8 ounces, mixed baby greens, any brand or variety
- 1 rounded tablespoon lemon curd, available near jams and jellies
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar, eyeball it
- 2 teaspoons Dijon style mustard
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Heat a grill pan or large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Pour extra-virgin olive oil into a small dish. Using a pastry brush, coat mushroom caps with oil. Grill 10 minutes, until tender and season with grill seasoning blend.
Meanwhile, preheat a medium skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Add remaining extra-virgin olive oil to pan -- left from brushing mushroom caps -- to skillet and combine with 2 tablespoons butter. Melt butter into oil and add bay leaf and chopped vegetables, season with salt and pepper and crab boil seasoning or, poultry seasoning and paprika. Saute until vegetables are tender, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add hot sauce to vegetables. Run your fingers through the crab to make sure there are no pieces of shell in the meat. Break up crabmeat with fingertips and mix into veggies. Butter toasted bread with remaining 1 tablespoon of diced butter. Add toast to veggies and moisten stuffing with chicken stock. Adjust seasonings. Top cooked portobello caps with stuffing. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve along side greens.
Pour lettuce into a bowl. In a smaller bowl, combine lemon curd with vinegar and mustard using a whisk. Whisk in oil in a slow stream and season dressing with salt and pepper, to your taste.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Crab and Shiitake-Stuffed Filet Mignon with Diver Scallops Wrapped in Peruvian Purple Potato Nets and Bearnaise Sauce, Grilled Green Chile-Stuffed Pepper Steaks Wrapped in Bacon, "Soul Roll" (Southern Greens-stuffed Pork Tenderloin with Red Beans and Rice and Pan Gravy), Teriyaki Recipes, Lettuce, Cornish Hen Recipes, Crab Dip Recipes, Christmas Dinner Recipes, Burrito Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.