- 1 package store bought brownie mix, any brand, batter prepared to package directions
- 3 tablespoons instant espresso or 2 rounded tablespoons ground dark roast coffee beans
- 1 shot coffee liqueur or 1 ounce coffee flavored syrup
- Softened butter, for greasing pan
- Disposable 9 by 13-inch baking pan
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
To prepared brownie mix add instant espresso or ground coffee and coffee liqueur or syrup. Butter a disposable 9 by 13-inch pan and bake brownies 22 to 25 minutes on upper rack of oven. Cut brownies into 16 bar-shaped pieces and serve warm "as is" or with your choice of: cold milk, coffee ice cream, coffee beverages or Italian after dinner liqueurs.
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray