Fried Polenta Discs with Mascarpone Cheese
- 1 log, 24 ounces, prepared corn polenta, plain or flavored, available in refrigerated cases in market
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, 1 turn of the pan
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tub, 16 ounces, mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 1 lemon, zested
- 3 tablespoons jarred, drained, chopped roasted red peppers
- 3 tablespoons chopped Italian cracked or pitted green olives
- 3 tablespoons chopped pitted oil cured olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
Cut polenta into 1/2-inch slices. Add extra-virgin olive oil and butter to skillet then season the discs with a little salt. Brown and crisp polenta discs on both sides, 3 minutes on each side.
Mix mascarpone with the half-and-half, capers and lemon zest. Combine chopped roasted red peppers, green and black olives and parsley in a separate small bowl.
To serve, layer polenta discs with spoonfuls of the cheese on a plate and garnish with chopped olives and peppers.
Recipe courtesy Rachael Ray
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay