Grilled 4 Cheese Sandwiches
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic, cracked away from skin
- 8 slices crusty Italian semolina bread
- 1 cup shredded provolone
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan or Romano
- 1 cup shredded Asiago
- * All of these cheeses are available in specialty cheese case and dairy aisle already shredded
In a small skillet over medium low heat, combine oil, butter and garlic. Cook garlic in butter and oil gently for 2 or 3 minutes. Remove garlic butter mixture from heat.
Place a large nonstick skillet on the stove over medium high heat. Using a pastry brush, brush 1 side of 4 slices of bread with garlic oil and place buttered side down in skillet. Top each slice with equal amounts of the 4 cheeses, distributing them equally over the 4 slices. Top each sandwich with another slice of bread brushed with garlic butter, buttered side up. Flip the grill cheese sandwiches a few times until cheeses are melted and gooey and bread is toasty and golden. Cut grilled 4 cheese sandwiches from corner to corner and serve.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Mary's Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Pepper Jack, Mango and Watercress, Mini Sandwich Buffet: Mini Grilled Cheese and Tomato, Mini Rachael's and Mini Spicy Patty Melts, Smoky Pimento Cheese Sandwiches, Blue Cheese, Easy Grilling, Sandwich Recipes, Easy Barbecuing, Easy Dessert, Easy Mexican
Thank you! your flag was submitted.