Grilled Roasted Red Peppers Stuffed With Cheese
- 4 large roasted red peppers, drained well and dried
- 4 (1-inch) thick slabs scamorza or provolone cheese, a few inches wide
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- A handful finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano leaves or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Kitchen twine, cut into 4 (8-inch) lengths, soaked in water
Slice the peppers open and reserve. Add the cheese to a shallow dish and sprinkle with the red pepper flakes, parsley, oregano, a little lemon zest, lemon juice and a liberal drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil. Toss to coat the cheese chunks in the marinade. Wrap each chunk in a roasted pepper and tie with twine to make a bundle.
Heat grill pan or outdoor grill to medium, and grill the bundles until the peppers are evenly charred and cheese is browning at edges, about 8 to10 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter and serve.
Recipe courtesy Rachael Ray
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay