- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 small clove garlic, grated or minced
- 1 cup basil leaves, about 20 leaves, plus a few for garnish
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pint heirloom cherry tomatoes, multi colored if available, halved
- 1 cup bocconcini (bite-sized fresh mozzarella balls), drained, halved
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Combine lemon juice, garlic, basil in food processor or blender, process and stream in extra-virgin olive oil to form a smooth dressing. Combine tomatoes, cheese and dressing in a bowl and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Garnish with a few torn basil leaves.