This is a vegetarian menu that is super fun and sure to please meat-eaters and meat-free-ers alike.
- 2 tablespoons (2 turns of the bottle in a slow stream) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 cup (3 splashes) balsamic vinegar
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves stripped and chopped, about 2 tablespoons
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 4 large portobello mushroom caps
- 2 teaspoons grill seasoning blend (preferred brand: McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning) or 1 teaspoon combined coarse salt and pepper
- 1/2 pound fresh smoked mozzarella, sliced
Roasted Pepper Paste:
- 1 (14-ounce) jar roasted peppers, drained
- A drizzle extra-virgin olive oil
- A handful flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 large clove garlic, cracked away from skin
- Salt and pepper
- 4 large crusty rolls, split
- Whole baby spinach leaves
- Thinly sliced red onions
- Onion and Garlic Yukon Gold Potato Chips, (preferred brand: Terra Chips)
- Tomato and Onion Salad, recipe under this show number: TM1A04
- Pasta Salad with Ricotta Salata and Broccolini, recipe under this show number: TM1A04
Combine first 4 ingredients in the bottom of a large food storage bag. Add mushroom caps, seal bag and shake bag to coat caps, then let the mushrooms marinate for 15 minutes.
Grill mushrooms on indoor electric grill, starting with caps down, turning to caps up, 6 minutes on each side. Pan-fry in large nonstick skillet for same amount of time. Season caps while they cook on each side with grill seasoning or a little salt and pepper. Melt the smoked cheese over mushroom caps in the last minute of grill time.
To serve, place the grilled mushroom caps topped with melted cheese on the bun bottoms. Top with spinach and onion. Spread bun tops with roasted pepper paste. Serve with Tomato and Onion Salad and Pasta Salad with Ricotta Salata and Broccolini.