Road to Morocco Lamb with Pine Nut Couscous
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless leg of lamb, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 rounded tablespoon grill seasoning (recommended: Montreal Steak Seasoning by McCormick)
- 2 teaspoons turmeric, 2/3 palm full
- 2 teaspoons cumin, 2/3 palm full
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coriander, 1/2 palm full
- 1 teaspoon paprika, 1/3 palm full
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, eyeball it in your palm
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves, eyeball it in your palm
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 3 turns of the pan
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 20 to 24 pitted dates, halved, about 1 cup
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, a generous palm full
- 2 cups couscous
- 4 scallions, chopped
Place lamb in a food storage bag. Combine the 7 spices in a small bowl. Sprinkle into the bag and seal bag. Shake and evenly coat the lamb pieces in the spices.
Heat a large, deep skillet over medium-high to high heat. Add 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 3 turns of the pan, then the lamb. Sear the lamb and caramelize the meat all over, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the onions and garlic and cook 5 minutes more. Add the dates and 2 cups of chicken stock to the pan and cover. Cook 7 to 8 minutes more to plump the dates and soften the onions. Remove cover and adjust seasonings.
During the last 5 minutes the lamb has to cook, melt butter and toast pine nuts. Add 2 cups stock and bring to a boil. Remove pan from heat, add couscous and cover pan. Let stand 5 minutes. Remove lid and fluff with fork.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Fire Roasted Baby Lamb Chops with Smoked Paprika-Orange BBQ Sauce, Grilled Lamb Chops with Artichoke Puree, Crispy Baby Artichokes and Cerignola Olive, Herbed Lamb Chops with Homemade BBQ Sauce, Main Dish, Beef Stroganoff Recipes, Burrito Recipes, Easy Brunch, Easy Pasta, Easy Casserole