- 2 large hearts romaine lettuce
- 4 large, ripe strawberries, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, eyeball it
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, eyeball it
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds
Cut each heart in half lengthwise, trim away core, rinse and dry.
Place strawberries in a shallow bowl with vinegar and let stand 10 minutes. Whisk in extra-virgin olive oil and season the dressing with salt and pepper.
Place a half-heart on each salad plate or on a large platter and dress with strawberry balsamic vinaigrette. Garnish with toasted almonds.