Vegetable Antipasto Stuffed Bread
- 1 loaf crusty bread, 9 to 12 inches in length
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil, drained, chopped -- 1/2 a small jar
- 1/4 cup black pitted calamata or oil cured olives, your preference, chopped
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto sauce
- 1/4 pound deli sliced provolone
- 1 jar, 16 to 18 roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts in water, drained
- 1 cup giardiniera, pickled vegetables (hot pickled peppers, cauliflower, carrots available on the Italian foods aisle of market or in bulk bins near deli section with bulk olives)
- Coarse salt and black pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
Cut the top off a loaf of crusty bread. Hollow out the inside of the bread.
Mix chopped sun-dried tomatoes, chopped olives and store bought or homemade pesto sauce. Spread the mixture evenly across the bottom of the hollowed out bread. Layer the cheese into the loaf. Layer the roasted red peppers on top of the cheese. Coarsely chop the drained artichoke hearts and add them in a layer over the red peppers. Sprinkle in the chopped hot pickled vegetables and drizzle some extra-virgin olive oil on top. Replace the top, cut the stuffed loaf into pieces and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Orange Marmalade Bread Pudding, Granny Smith Apples and Ginger Bread Pudding with Vanilla Bean Creme Anglaise and Creme Fraiche Whipped Cream, PB and J Bread Crust Pudding, Baked Ham Recipes, Cheddar, Gnocchi Recipes, Carrot Salad Recipes, Flank Steak Recipes, Artichoke Dip Recipes