- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups diced red pepper, plus 1 cup for garnish
- 1 1/2 cups diced green pepper
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 12 ounces roughly chopped fresh cooked lobster meat
- 3 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 ounces chopped jalapenos, without seeds, or to taste
- Kosher salt
- 12 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 4 ounces clarified butter
- 1 cup sliced green onion, for garnish
- 8 tablespoons sour cream, for garnish
- 6 pineapple tops, for garnish
Tropical Fruit Salsa, recipe follows
In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add 1 1/2 cups red peppers, the green peppers, onion, cumin, and cayenne pepper. Cook until the vegetables are tender, but still firm, about 7 to 8 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool.
In a medium bowl, mix the lobster meat, cheese, jalapenos, salt, and cooled pepper mixture. Divide the mixture into 6 portions. Sandwich each portion between 2 tortillas, spreading the lobster mixture evenly.
Heat a grill or large skillet over medium heat and film the bottom with some of the butter. Place as many quesadillas as will fit without touching, and cook each side until the tortillas are golden brown and the cheese has melted, about 5 minutes. Repeat with remaining butter and quesadillas.
Cut quesadillas into wedges. Place the quesadillas on plates and garnish with remaining red pepper, the green onion, sour cream, and a pineapple top. Serve immediately with Tropical Fruit Salsa.
Tropical Fruit Salsa:
1 cup diced mango
1 cup diced papaya
1 cup diced pineapple
3 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
1/4 cup diced red onion
1/4 cup diced red pepper
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons lime juice
In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well. Refrigerate for 45 minutes to 1 hour before serving.
Yield: about 3 cups
* Professional Recipe
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.