Yummy Slice-and-Bake Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons chocolate-hazelnut spread, such as Nutella
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup chocolate candies, such as M and Ms, roughly chopped, plus more if needed
- 1/2 cup very finely chopped pecans, plus more if needed
Combine the flour, instant coffee, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Stir together and set aside. Cream together the butter with the brown and granulated sugar, scraping the bowl once while mixing. Add the eggs, mixing one at a time, and then the vanilla. Add the chocolate-hazelnut spread and peanut butter and mix. Add the dry ingredients in increments, mixing gently after each addition. Scrape the bowl once and mix again. Add the chopped chocolate candies and pecans and mix gently to combine. Add more of either ingredient if needed.
Spoon the dough on a long piece (or 2 shorter pieces) of waxed paper or plastic wrap. Carefully roll the dough inside the wrap, pressing gently to get it to form into a firm cylinder. Refrigerate for at least 3 to 4 hours, or place in the freezer for 20 to 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Slice off as many cookies as you'd like and lay the slices on a baking sheet. (The thicker the slices, the farther apart the cookies will need to be; they bake up flat.) Bake until nice and golden brown, about 10 minutes.