Rice with Squash and Cumin
- 5 to 6 assorted small squashes, zucchini, yellow summer squashes, patty pans
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 to 2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups cooked rice, ( aromatic is nice)
- 1 bunch parsley leaves, washed and chopped roughly
Trim squashes and cut into small 1/4-inch dice. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a frying pan and add 1/3 of the diced squashes and some salt and pepper. Saute small batches briefly over high heat stirring often until lightly browned and slightly soft. Transfer to a bowl. Cook diced onion in remaining olive oil in frying pan over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook briefly. Add cumin, reduce heat to low, cook stirring about 2 minutes, and then add to squashes in bowl. Add rice and chopped parsley and adjust seasonings. Serve immediately.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.