- 4 (4-ounce) thinly sliced veal cutlets (scaloppini)
- 4 (4-ounce) thinly sliced chicken tenderloins
- 2 ounces all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 12 shiitake mushrooms cleaned and stems discarded, then sliced
- 6 ounces oyster mushrooms, trimmed
- 3 ounces porcini mushrooms chopped
- 4 large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons brandy
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 stick butter
- Chopped parsley leaves, for garnish
- This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Pound the veal and chicken into 1/4-inch thick slices, between sheets of plastic wrap or waxed paper. Add the flour to a large shallow dish. Dredge the veal and chicken in the flour.
Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan over medium to low heat. Add veal and chicken and brown on 1 side only. Add all of the mushrooms and saute for 1 to 2 minutes. Drain the oil from the pan, add the shrimp and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add the brandy and carefully ignite it with a long kitchen match to burn off the alcohol. Stir in the heavy cream and butter and let the sauce reduce for 3 to 4 minutes. Ready to serve.
Arrange 1 piece of veal, 1 piece of chicken and 1 shrimp on each serving plate. Top with some mushrooms and sauce and garnish with parsley. Can be served over pasta, if desired.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.