- 4 (4-ounce) thinly sliced veal cutlets (scaloppini)
- 4 (4-ounce) thinly sliced chicken tenderloins
- 2 ounces all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 12 shiitake mushrooms cleaned and stems discarded, then sliced
- 6 ounces oyster mushrooms, trimmed
- 3 ounces porcini mushrooms chopped
- 4 large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons brandy
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 stick butter
- Chopped parsley leaves, for garnish
Pound the veal and chicken into 1/4-inch thick slices, between sheets of plastic wrap or waxed paper. Add the flour to a large shallow dish. Dredge the veal and chicken in the flour.
Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan over medium to low heat. Add veal and chicken and brown on 1 side only. Add all of the mushrooms and saute for 1 to 2 minutes. Drain the oil from the pan, add the shrimp and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add the brandy and carefully ignite it with a long kitchen match to burn off the alcohol. Stir in the heavy cream and butter and let the sauce reduce for 3 to 4 minutes. Ready to serve.
Arrange 1 piece of veal, 1 piece of chicken and 1 shrimp on each serving plate. Top with some mushrooms and sauce and garnish with parsley. Can be served over pasta, if desired.
- This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.