Artichoke Hearts Stuffed with Crab Salad
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 12 fresh chives, tender green and white parts only, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon crab boil seasoning (recommended: Old Bay)
- Splash hot red pepper sauce
- 1/2 red onion, diced small
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 11/2 pounds colossal crabmeat, picked over for shells
- 3 (16-ounce) cans artichoke hearts
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped parsley leaves
- 1 avocado, slipped from skin and cut into 1/2-inch pieces for garnish
Place crabmeat in another bowl and pour on enough dressing to coat. Toss crabmeat very lightly - try not to break the crabmeat into small pieces. Let sit in refrigerator.
Scoop a small indentation in the top of each artichoke heart to serve as the vessel for the salad. Spoon some salad into each artichoke heart, top with a piece of avocado, and sprinkle with some of the chopped parsley.