Artichoke Hearts Stuffed with Crab Salad
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 12 fresh chives, tender green and white parts only, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon crab boil seasoning (recommended: Old Bay)
- Splash hot red pepper sauce
- 1/2 red onion, diced small
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 11/2 pounds colossal crabmeat, picked over for shells
- 3 (16-ounce) cans artichoke hearts
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped parsley leaves
- 1 avocado, slipped from skin and cut into 1/2-inch pieces for garnish
In a large bowl mix together a dressing of mayonnaise, chives, crab boil seasoning, hot red pepper sauce, red onions, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper.
Place crabmeat in another bowl and pour on enough dressing to coat. Toss crabmeat very lightly - try not to break the crabmeat into small pieces. Let sit in refrigerator.
Scoop a small indentation in the top of each artichoke heart to serve as the vessel for the salad. Spoon some salad into each artichoke heart, top with a piece of avocado, and sprinkle with some of the chopped parsley.
2007, Robert Irvine, All Rights Reserved
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray