Beef and Ground Pork Sliders
- 2 ounces butter
- 1 cup yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 12 ounces (80/20) ground beef
- 12 ounces ground pork
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup equal parts mayonnaise and mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup thinly shredded romaine hearts
- 12 slices cheese of choice (Gruyere, baby Swiss, or Gloucester)
- 12 petit buns (2 to 2 1/2 inches), toasted
In a saute pan over high heat, add the butter, onions, white pepper and 1 teaspoon salt, and cook over high heat until the butter has melted. Reduce the heat to medium and finish cooking the onions until slightly browned on the edges, 7 to 8 minutes.
Mix the beef, pork, remaining 1 teaspoon salt, and black pepper in a bowl. Do not over mix or the burger will be too tightly bound. Portion the meat into 12 (2-ounce) balls, then flatten the balls into patties about 2 1/2 inches round.
Preheat a grill and grill the burgers for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F.
Combine the mayonnaise-mustard mixture with the lemon juice and shredded romaine. Top the bottom bun with the dressed lettuce, a burger, some caramelized onions, and cheese of choice. Add the top bun and serve.
Recipe courtesy Robert Irvine, Robert Irvine's Eat! All Rights Reserved 2010
Recipe courtesy of Jeff Mauro
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee