Chicken Sliders with Tomato Chutney
- 8 chicken thighs, deboned
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper blend
- Tomato Chutney:
- 1 cup roma tomato
- 1/4 cup small-diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Salt and ground pepper
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 8 potato rolls
- Mayo, for serving, optional
Preheat the oven to 225 degrees F.
For the chicken: Toss in the grapeseed oil and seasoning blend, coating well. Then bake until done, about 35 minutes. Once cooked, remove from the oven and cool for 1 hour.
For the sliders: Preheat a fryer (or stove top pot) to 350 degrees F with vegetable oil. Season the flour with salt and pepper, and then coat the chicken with seasoned flour. Fry until golden brown. This should take 4 to 5 minutes.
For the bread, in a flat griddle pan, heat over medium-high heat, and then apply butter to the interior top and bottom of the rolls. Then cook until browned, about 2 minutes.
To assemble the sliders, place a piece of chicken on a bottom roll, then top with chutney and add mayo if desired.