Grilled Halibut Poisson Cru
- One 14-ounce can coconut milk
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon sambal chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon kosher sea salt
- Juice of 6 limes
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 pounds fresh halibut, divided into four 6 to 8-ounce portions
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- Jasmine rice, cooked, for serving
For the sauce: In a bowl, blend the coconut milk, coconut flakes, chili sauce, corn syrup, parsley, tomato paste, salt and lime juice and allow to marinate for 30 minutes. Then pour through a sieve or strainer into a saucepan. Heat over low heat until warmed. Whisk in the butter off the heat before serving.
For the fish: Preheat the grill to 350 degrees F or a grill pan over high heat. Then sprinkle the fish with salt, pepper and the coriander. Cook the fish on both sides until medium-well in temperature, 5 to 6 minutes per side. Once cooked, remove from the heat and rest for 2 to 3 minutes.
Serve the fish over jasmine rice. Finish with the sauce.
Recipe courtesy Robert Irvine's eat! Robert Irvine's nosh, All rights reserved 2011
Recipe courtesy of Robin Miller
Recipe courtesy of Mario Batali