- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 8 ounces lean ground lamb
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/3 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (16-ounce) can pineapple chunks, roughly chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 5 large tomatoes
- 1 cucumber peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 12 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1 package pita bread triangles or chips
Coat a large saute pan with oil and over medium heat, saute the onions until soft. Add the ground lamb and cook until browned, breaking up the chunks with a wooden spoon. Drain well and place in a serving bowl. Stir in the onion powder and black pepper. Allow to cool and then add pineapple, green pepper, tomatoes, cucumber, cilantro and feta cheese. Adjust the seasoning and serve with pita bread or crackers.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.