- 30 (16/20) jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons Thai chili paste, or more to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup grapeseed oil
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 loaf baguette or French bread
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Divide the shrimp among 6 small ramekin dishes and set aside.
In a small bowl, mix the garlic, tomatoes, onions, chili paste, and salt and pepper, to taste. Divide the mixture between the 6 ramekin dishes over the shrimp. In a saucepan, over medium-high heat, blend both the oils and heat to 325 degrees F. When the oil reaches the proper temperature, pour it evenly into the ramekin dishes. Bake in the oven until the shrimp turn pink, about 6 to 8 minutes. To finish, slice the bread on a bias, about 1-inch thick. Remove the ramekins from the oven and serve immediately with the bread on the side for dipping.