Tupelo Tomato Salad
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, preferably extra-virgin
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed lightly with the side of a knife blade and minced
- 1 white onion, cut julienne
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeds removed and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds ripe tomatoes, cut into wedges
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Whisk together oil, vinegar, and garlic in a salad bowl. Toss with onion and cucumber, and gently fold in tomato. Season with salt and pepper, and serve at room temperature family style.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.