Halibut with Anchovy-Stuffed Olives, Red Peppers and Oregano
- 4 halibut or sea bass fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced roasted red peppers
- 1/3 cup anchovy or jalapeno stuffed olives, halved crosswise
- 1/4 cup vermouth or dry white wine
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped basil leaves
Season both sides of fish fillets with salt and black pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add halibut and cook 2 minutes per side, until golden brown.
In a medium bowl, combine red peppers, olives, vermouth, garlic, and oregano. Add mixture to pan and bring to a simmer. Cook 2 minutes, until fish is fork-tender. Remove from heat, transfer to a serving platter and top with basil.
Recipe courtesy Robin Miller, 2007