Salmon and Chickpea Salad Over Chilled Mirin Rice
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon wasabi paste
- 2 (6-ounce) cans salmon, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1/4 cup mirin or rice wine
- 4 Boston or Bibb lettuce leaves
In a medium bowl, combine rice and mirin. Toss to combine and season, to taste, with salt and black pepper. Place a large lettuce leaf on each plate. Divide rice among lettuce cups. Spoon salmon mixture over rice.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.