Rose's Reuben Loaf
- 1 pound frozen pizza dough, or 2 (10-ounce) canisters, at room temperature
- 2 cups Russian Dressing, recipe follows
- 2 cups leftover minced corned beef
- 2 cups leftover sauerkraut, drained well
- 1 pound sliced Swiss cheese, domestic or imported
- Oil, for brushing
- Russian Dressing:
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup drained pickle relish
- 5 pitted green olives, chopped fine
- 1/2 tablespoon olive juice
- 1/2 cup ketchup
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
With rolling pin, roll out dough to 1/4-thick. Spread some of the dressing over dough, leaving a border around the edges, and reserve the rest to serve on the side. Layer the corned beef, sauerkraut and cheese over the dressing.
Roll up the dough halfway, fold in the sides, and continue rolling to form a tight log. Place on a greased or parchment paper-lined baking sheet, placing the seam-side down. Brush the top lightly with oil.
Bake until the crust is golden, about 30 minutes. Let cool slightly before slicing. Serve with the remaining dressing.Russian Dressing:
Place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
Yield: about 3 cups
Recipe courtesy Rose O'Hern