- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup tightly packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup tightly packed flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 3 slices of white bread, such as Pepperidge Farm, crusts removed
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar or sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons drained capers
- 6 cornichons
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Combine the garlic with the basil and parsley leaves, the bread slices, and the vinegar in the bowl of a food processor. Puree the herb/bread mixture for about 1 minute, scraping down the sides of the food processor with a rubber spatula every 10 or 15 seconds. Add the mustard, capers and cornichons and chop for about a minute more, until the mixture is granular but smooth. Put the mixture in a bowl, work in the olive oil with a wooden spoon, and stir in the salt and pepper to taste.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.