- For the slow-cooked cherries:
- 1 (16-ounce) bag frozen cherries (recommended: C and W)
- 1 (6-ounce) bag dried cherries (recommended: Mariani)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cherry brandy
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons quick cooking tapioca (recommended: Minute)
- For the crumble topping:
- 1/2 cup all-purpose baking mix (recommended: Bisquick)
- 3/4 cup lowfat granola (recommended: Quaker 100 percent Natural)
- 10 ginger snaps, crushed (recommended: Archway)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
30 minutes before fruit is ready, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil; set aside.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine all-purpose baking mix, granola, ginger snaps and melted butter. Spread evenly on prepared baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 12 to 18 minutes or until crisp and golden. Serve by spooning fruit into serving dish and sprinkling with crumble topping. Top each serving with a scoop of your favorite vanilla ice cream.
Recipe courtesy Sandra Lee