Dijon Herbed Egg Salad Toasts
- 10 slices pumpernickel or rye bread
- 8 eggs, hard-boiled, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 slices bacon, cooked crisp and cut into shards
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Toast the bread slices and cut each slice into 4 triangular pieces. Set aside.
In a large bowl mix all the remaining ingredients until well combined. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Immediately before serving, arrange the toast triangles on a platter and scoop about 1 tablespoon of egg salad onto each. Top with bacon shards and serve.
Recipe courtesy Sandra Lee