- 1 baguette, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese
- 4 ounces crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 2 15-ounce cans sliced pears in juice, drained
- 1/2 cup candied pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly brush 1 side of each baguette slice with olive oil. Place the slices on a baking sheet and toast 5 to 7 minutes, or just until beginning to brown. Let cool.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the cream cheese and gorgonzola cheese, stirring until well mixed. Spread the toasts with the cheese mixture. Top with the pear slices and chopped candied pecans. Sprinkle with the parsley.
Photograph by Kana Okada