Grilled Shrimp with Mango Salsa
- Mango Salsa:
- 2 (4-ounce) tropical fruit cups, drained (about 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 small jalapeno, ribs removed, seeded and minced
- Kosher salt
- 24 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 (8-ounce) bag shredded coconut
Wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
For the mango salsa: Chop drained fruit into small pieces. Combine the fruit and remaining salsa ingredients in a bowl and refrigerate until chilled.
For the shrimp: Place coconut on baking sheet. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes, or until coconut turns light brown. Set aside
Spear 3 shrimp on each bamboo skewer.
Heat a ridged grill pan over medium-high heat and spray with cooking spray. Place shrimp skewers on grill pan. Cook shrimp for 2 minutes per side or until shrimp turns pink. Place shredded coconut on serving plate. Remove shrimp from skewers and place on top of coconut.
Place salsa in a decorative bowl and serve with shrimp skewers immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray