Online Round 2 Recipe - Summer Rolls
- Peanut Dipping Sauce:
- 1/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 round rice paper wrappers
- Reserved rice noodles from Pad Thai recipe
- 1 small cucumber, seeds removed, cut into matchsticks
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1 sprig fresh mint, leaves only
For the rolls: Fill a shallow baking dish or pie plate with hot water. Soak a rice paper wrapper until softened, about 30 seconds. Place it onto your work surface. Along the bottom edge, layer one-eighth of the noodles, cucumbers, carrots, and mint leaves. Fold the bottom edge up over the filling. Fold in the sides and continue rolling up from the bottom. Repeat with remaining rice paper wrappers.
Serve with the dipping sauce.
Recipe courtesy Sandra Lee